To enable a secure, trustworthy and customer-focused webstore, we have a brief but important set of T's & C's that relate specifically to online purchases.
1. Brazilia Designer Shoe Outlet is operated by the Histerix (Pty) Ltd group, a retail company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa.
2. Use or purchase of a product via www.dso.co.za means that you accept the below terms and conditions. Should you not understand any of the terms below, the onus would be on the user to contact the company for further clarity.
3. While many of our shoes are MADE IN BRAZIL, not all of the items we carry are sourced from Brazil. We absolutely take our inspiration from all things Brazilian, especially the passion and lust for life! We love how this translates into the design of Brazilian shoes which we import as often as we can.
4. Not all of our products are Genuine Leather, and we will ensure that we indicate when an item is Leather. We take obsessive care in sourcing the best quality materials and units that are perfect for the typical South African foot shape.
5. This site is operated via the Shopify platform. All checkouts, payments and customer information is thus relayed to us via their secure and world-class web platform. We do not directly deal with credit card payments nor customer information (other than what is required for shipment).
6. Customers are entitled to receive quality products via our webstore in a timely manner. If you feel that a product is not up to standards or incorrectly sized, kindly visit our Payment, Delivery & Returns page on this website.
7. Products are limited. Placing an order in your Order Basket without completing the purchase does not constitute a 'sale'.
8. We reserve the right to change any prices without prior notice, however we cannot change the price of an item once it has been paid for by a customer & it is up to the company to honour this original purchased price.
9. Our products are refreshed on an approximate 72-hour basis, meaning that products can be sold in the time that it takes you to order it and for us to receive it. We take every precaution to prevent this from happening however our stock holding on the webstore is based on the availability in our network of stores and is not updated real-time.
10. The company reserves the right to charge for deliveries where necessary.
11. Orders will be dispatched as soon as possible. We make no guarantee as to the time period within which to dispatch your order as certain stock items may be on back-order or located in a different region and will take time to be centrally dispatched.
12. Errors and Omissions expected.
These policies below specifically apply to our retail outlets and not necessarily to the webstore.
1. NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
1.1 Customers can return products for a refund or exchange within 14 (Fourteen) Days from the date of purchase, provided that:
1.1.1 The product is in its original or the same condition and packaging;
1.1.2 The product has not been worn or used;
1.1.3 The price (swing) ticket and labels are attached to the product or its packaging;
1.1.4 The original till slip, as proof of purchase, is presented;
1.2 No refunds on Sale items (size exchanges are subject to availability)
1. A credit note will be issued to the consumer on return of a product, in a fair and reasonable offering if the 14 day period of refund or exchange has lapsed.
2. An OTP (One Time Pin) will be sent to the consumer’s cellphone number.
3. The consumer may use this OTP to redeem a product in the store where the credit note was issued, for the same value or greater.
4. A credit note is valid for one use only.
5. Credit note’s may not be exchanged, divided or redeemed for cash.
6. Queries for lost OTP/Credit notes may only be entertained during office hours (Mon-Fri 8:30-16:00 and Sat 8:30-12:30). Same applied for expired lay-byes.
2. DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
2.1. Within 6 Months of your purchase, you find that the product is faulty, not commercially acceptable, unsuitable for the purpose generally intended, or not legal or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and product type) (in other words that the merchandise is “defective & does comply with the provisions of section 55 of the Consumer Protection Act”), the consumer may bring in the product. Once the product has been inspected by our quality control team & the product is found to be “defective”, customers will be entitled to one of the following:
(a) full refund into the customer’s bank account via EFT
(b) have the product repaired or replaced, depending on availability and other relevant circumstances;
If the product is found NOT to be defective and is commercially acceptable, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund. A product is NOT defective and you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund under the general warranty above if:
(a) The faults/damage are a result normal wear and tear;
(b) Damage arising from incorrect usage of the product;
(c) The item has a reasonable amount of manufacturing or production imperfections, but is acceptable in accordance with the generally accepted commercial practices.
2.2 The provisions of clause 2.1 above apply to all items, including sale items or items bought on promotion. The repaired item will have a 3 month warranty in respect of the repairs and if the repaired item is still defective after the repair the customer will be entitled to either a refund or an exchange.
2.3 Products will not be regarded as defective and a customer will not be entitled to a refund or repair or an exchange in circumstances where the faults in the merchandise result from:
2.3.1 Normal wear and tear;
2.3.2 Negligence or damage arising from misuse and/or improper or inadequate care of the merchandise;
2.3.3 Where the items have been altered or dealt with or used contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions.
3.1 A customer may not under any circumstances return the following:
3.1.1 Product that a customer or any other person has altered, repaired, incorporated or added to and;
3.1.2 Any soiled items (if also not defective).
4.1 In the event that a customer qualifies for a refund in terms of this Returns Policy; for defective products and has complied with all the relevant provisions of this Returns Policy, the customer will qualify for the full purchase price paid for the refunded productor if the product was purchased on sale or on promotion, then a refund of the amount actually paid for the product, being the discounted price as per the discounted value set out on the till slip. Authorised refunds will be made as follows:
4.1.1 CASH, DEBIT CARD AND CREDIT CARD PURCHASES:
4.1.2 Credit card purchases will be refunded to the credit card used to make the initial purchase;
4.1.3 Cash purchases will be refunded by way of EFT (into purchaser’s bank account).
4.2. In the event of a customer qualifying for a refund in terms of this return policy, for non-defective items, the consumer is entitled to a refund or exchange within 14 days from the purchase of the item and a credit note if the 14 days has lapsed.
5.1. Identification documents to be provided for verification upon entering and concluding the lay-by agreement.
5.2. Lay-by dockets are to be kept safely as it is to be produced upon payments and when redeeming products.
5.3. The total lay-bye period is 2 months from Start Date.
5.4. A 10% handling fee will be charged on all expired & cancelled lay-byes.
5.5. Should your lay-by expire, an OTP (One Time Pin) will be sent to you via an SMS to use as a credit note. Queries for lost OTP may only be entertained during office hours (Mon-Fri 8:30-16:00 and Sat 8:30-12:30).
5.6. Upon release of goods, identification documents are required and the 14 day refund and exchange policy will apply.
All Rights Reserved | Histerix (Pty) Ltd | E&OE
We recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and our policy is designed to assist you in understanding how we collect, use and safeguard the personal information you provide to us and to assist you in making informed decisions when using our site. This policy will be continuously assessed against new technologies, business practices and our customers’ needs.
What Information Do We Collect? When you visit this web site you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our Web site.
1. Personal Information You Choose to Provide
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
2. Web Site Use Information Similar to other commercial Web sites, our Web site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and web server log files to collect information about how our Web site is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Web site, and the Web sites visited just before and just after our Web site.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing the products and services you requested, to process your payment, to monitor the use of the service, our marketing and promotional efforts and improve our content and service offerings, and customize our site’s content, layout, services and for other lawful purposes. These uses improve our site and better tailor it to meet your needs.
Furthermore, such information may be shared with others on an aggregate basis. Personally identifiable information or business information will not be shared with parties except as required by law.
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Website, new services, and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at the link provided on the newsletter.
What Are Cookies?
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data?
If you have placed an order, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data?
We will never disclose sensitive customer information unless in a lawfully obtained capacity.
You can chose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Deleting cookies does not mean you are permanently opted out of any advertising program. Unless you have settings that disallow cookies, the next time you visit a site running the advertisements, a new cookie will be added.
IP addresses are used by your computer every time you are connected to the Internet. Your IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer. IP addresses are automatically collected by our web server as part of demographic and profile data known as traffic data so that data (such as the Web pages you request) can be sent to you.
Sharing and Selling Information We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested.
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights. We may also disclose account information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Terms of Service or to protect the safety of our users and the Public.
What About Other Web Sites Linked to Our Web Site? We are not responsible for the practices employed by Web sites linked to or from our Web site or the information or content contained therein. Often links to other Web sites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our Web site.
This site allows visitors to unsubscribe so that they will not receive future messages. After unsubscribing we will discontinue sending the particular messages as soon as technically feasible. If you are unable to subscribe, please send us an email on email@example.com
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information from users via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
A Special Note About Children
Children are not eligible to use our services unsupervised and we ask that children (under the age of 14) do not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use this service only in conjunction with permission and guidance from your parents or guardians.
The Protection of Personal Information Act
The POPI Act is South Africa's equivalent of the EU GDPR. It sets some conditions for responsible parties (called controllers in other jurisdictions) to lawfully process the personal information of data subjects (both natural and juristic persons).
The Protection of Personal Information Act (aka POPIA) is coming into effect on 1 July 2021. The act requires that we obtain your consent to communicate with you in the future.
This could be in the form of new product updates, tips, website updates, and more.
If you are happy to keep receiving emails from us there's no need to do anything. If you change your mind at any time in the future simply email us from our contact us page.
If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, simply email us from our contact page.