Terms & Conditions
To enable a secure, trustworthy and customer-focused webstore, we have a brief but important set of T's & C's that relate specifically to online purchases.
1. Brazilia Designer Shoe Outlet is operated by the Histerix (Pty) Ltd group, a retail company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa.
2. Use or purchase of a product via www.shopbrazilia.com means that you accept the below terms and conditions. Should you not understand any of the terms below, the onus would be on the user to contact the company for further clarity.
3. While many of our shoes are MADE IN BRAZIL, not all of the items we carry are sourced from Brazil. We absolutely take our inspiration from all things Brazilian, especially the passion and lust for life! We love how this translates into the design of Brazilian shoes which we import as often as we can.
4. Not all of our products are Genuine Leather, and we will ensure that we indicate when an item is Leather. We take obsessive care in sourcing the best quality materials and units that are perfect for the typical South African foot shape.
5. This site is operated via the Shopify platform. All checkouts, payments and customer information is thus relayed to us via their secure and world-class web platform. We do not directly deal with credit card payments nor customer information (other than what is required for shipment).
6. Customers are entitled to receive quality products via our webstore in a timely manner. Customers can return products for a refund or exchange within 14 (Fourteen) Days from the date of purchase
7. Products are limited. Placing an order in your Order Basket without completing the purchase does not constitute a 'sale'.
8. We will make all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the price, product or service description, images and any other relevant content of items available to sell on our website. Should any error be detected of whatsoever nature on the website not due to gross negligence, we will not be held liable for any loss, claim or expense relating to a transaction based on any error. A refund for the amount already paid will be processed back to the account used to make payment. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to discontinue or change pricing or specifications of products and services offered on this website without incurring any liability whatsoever.
9. Our products are refreshed on an approximate 72-hour basis, meaning that products can be sold in the time that it takes you to order it and for us to receive it. We take every precaution to prevent this from happening however our stock holding on the webstore is based on the availability in our network of stores and is not updated real-time.
10. The company reserves the right to charge for deliveries where necessary.
11. Orders will be dispatched as soon as possible. We make no guarantee as to the time period within which to dispatch your order as certain stock items may be on back-order or located in a different region and will take time to be centrally dispatched.
12. Errors and Omissions expected.
These policies below specifically apply to our retail outlets and not necessarily to the webstore.
1. NON-DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS (Non-Sale Items)
1.1 Customers can return products for a refund or exchange within 14 (Fourteen) Days from the date of purchase, provided that:
1.1.1 The product is in its original or the same condition and packaging;
1.1.2 The product has not been worn or used;
1.1.3 The price (swing) ticket and labels are attached to the product or its packaging;
1.1.4 The original till slip, as proof of purchase, is presented;
1.2 No refunds on Sale items (size exchanges are subject to availability)
1. A credit note will be issued to the consumer on return of a product, in a fair and reasonable offering if the 14 day period of refund or exchange has lapsed.
2. An OTP (One Time Pin) will be sent to the consumer’s cellphone number.
3. The consumer may use this OTP to redeem a product in the store where the credit note was issued, for the same value or greater.
4. A credit note is valid for one use only.
5. Credit note’s may not be exchanged, divided or redeemed for cash.
6. Queries for lost OTP/Credit notes may only be entertained during office hours (Mon-Fri 8:30-16:30 and Sat 8:30-12:30). Same applied for expired lay-byes.
2. DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS
2.1. Within 6 Months of your purchase, you find that the product is faulty, not commercially acceptable, unsuitable for the purpose generally intended, or not legal or reasonably durable (based on the circumstances and product type) (in other words that the merchandise is “defective & does comply with the provisions of section 55 of the Consumer Protection Act”), the consumer may bring in the product. Once the product has been inspected by our quality control team & the product is found to be “defective”, customers will be entitled to one of the following:
(a) full refund into the customer’s bank account via EFT
(b) have the product repaired or replaced, depending on availability and other relevant circumstances;
If the product is found NOT to be defective and is commercially acceptable, you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund. A product is NOT defective and you will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund under the general warranty above if:
(a) The faults/damage are a result normal wear and tear;
(b) Damage arising from incorrect usage of the product;
(c) The item has a reasonable amount of manufacturing or production imperfections, but is acceptable in accordance with the generally accepted commercial practices.
2.2 The provisions of clause 2.1 above apply to all items, including sale items or items bought on promotion. The repaired item will have a 3 month warranty in respect of the repairs and if the repaired item is still defective after the repair the customer will be entitled to either a refund or an exchange.
2.3 Products will not be regarded as defective and a customer will not be entitled to a refund or repair or an exchange in circumstances where the faults in the merchandise result from:
2.3.1 Normal wear and tear;
2.3.2 Negligence or damage arising from misuse and/or improper or inadequate care of the merchandise;
2.3.3 Where the items have been altered or dealt with or used contrary to the manufacturer’s instructions.
3.1 A customer may not under any circumstances return the following:
3.1.1 Product that a customer or any other person has altered, repaired, incorporated or added to and;
3.1.2 Any soiled items (if also not defective).
4.1 In the event that a customer qualifies for a refund in terms of this Returns Policy; for defective products and has complied with all the relevant provisions of this Returns Policy, the customer will qualify for the full purchase price paid for the refunded productor if the product was purchased on sale or on promotion, then a refund of the amount actually paid for the product, being the discounted price as per the discounted value set out on the till slip. Authorised refunds will be made as follows:
4.1.1 CASH, DEBIT CARD AND CREDIT CARD PURCHASES:
4.1.2 Credit card purchases will be refunded to the credit card used to make the initial purchase;
4.1.3 Cash purchases will be refunded by way of EFT (into purchaser’s bank account).
4.2. In the event of a customer qualifying for a refund in terms of this return policy, for non-defective items, the consumer is entitled to a refund or exchange within 14 days from the purchase of the item and a credit note if the 14 days has lapsed.
5.1. Identification documents to be provided for verification upon entering and concluding the lay-by agreement.
5.2. Lay-by dockets are to be kept safely as it is to be produced upon payments and when redeeming products.
5.3. The total lay-bye period is 2 months from Start Date.
5.4. A 10% handling fee will be charged on all expired & cancelled lay-byes.
5.5. Should your lay-by expire, an OTP (One Time Pin) will be sent to you via an SMS to use as a credit note. Queries for lost OTP may only be entertained during office hours (Mon-Fri 8:30-16:30 and Sat 8:30-12:30).
5.6. Upon release of goods, identification documents are required and the 14 day refund and exchange policy will apply.
All Rights Reserved | Histerix (Pty) Ltd | E&OE
If you have any questions or concerns, kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org